On 26-27 October 2017, a workshop within the EU-funded project COOPilot will take place in Athens, Greece. The event is titled: “The cooperative challenge – New horizons for the youth”.
Led by the Greek Social Economy Institute, the event will represent a professional training course providing innovative practices and approaches on the topic of cooperative enterprises and social economy. A number of experts will present the findings of the extensive cross-European initiative.
This is the agenda of the two days in Athens:
DAY 1 – Thursday 26 October 2017
- 10.00 – 10.15 | “Cooperative Education for Resilient Youth” (Mr. Ioannis NASIOULAS)
- 10.15 – 10.30 | Lessons from the COOPilot project: Start-Up and Management of an Impact-Oriented Cooperative (Mr. Apostolos IOAKIMIDIS)
- 10.30 – 10.45 | A country outlook of cooperatives in Greece: institutional context and demographics (Mr. Michael FEFES)
- 10.45 – 11.00 | “Loutraki PLUS” & “Loutraki STORIES”: Showcasing the City of Loutraki social economy program (Mr. Georgios Alk. GKIONIS, Mayor of Loutraki-Perachora-Hagioi Theodoroi)
- 11.00 – 11.15 | “Topos PLUS”: Capitalizing on a vibrant cooperative cluster in Servia-Velventos (Mr. Athanasios KOSMATOPOULOS, Mayor of Servia-Velventos)
- 11.15 – 11.30 | The European Enterprise Promotion Awards in Greece (Mrs. Olga NIKOLOPOULOU, National Representative for the EEPA, Ministry of Economy & Development, Secretariat General of Industry, Industrial Policy Directorate)
- 11.30 – 12.00 | Break
- 12.00 – 14.00 | Collaborative and Capacity-Building Workshop on Innovative Institutional Design, Social Impact and Business Sustainability of Cooperatives: Approaches to an optimal tutoring curriculum blending theory with practice (Ioannis NASIOULAS, Apostolos IOAKIMIDIS, Michael FEFES)
- 14.00 – 15.00 | Lunch
- 15.00 – 17.00 | Case Study: The Cooperative System in Trentino – A cooperative network for the economic and social development (Mr. Egidio FORMILAN)
- 17.00 | Closure of Day 1
DAY 2 – Friday 27 October 2017
- 09:30 – 11.00 | Best practices – Training programmes for increasing cooperative competences: skills, methods, cooperative professional profile and validation (Mrs. Elena BADEANSCHI)
- 11.00 – 11.15 | Break
- 11.15 – 11.45 | Greek Case Study: The Social Cooperative Enterprise “En Topo Syro” (Mrs. Georgia MATSOUKA)
- 11.45 – 12.15 | Greek Case Study: The Social Cooperative Enterprise “Synergo Koinonika” (Mrs. Sophia CHAITIDOU)
- 12.15 – 13.00 | Open Discussion
- 13.00 – 13.30 | Evaluation
- 13.30 – 13.45 | Closure of the Event
The training will be held in English, with translation to Greek. Participants will receive certificates of attendance. The event may be particularly useful for professionals working in the education sector, including representatives of universities and other education and training institutes, civil servants working on education and entrepreneurship, students, etc.